Outnumbered

| |
The show of the holidays for us may well have been the brilliant 'Outnumbered'. I dont want to sound like a comedy snob, but its so good to see a decent, funny series on the BBC. So many in the past few years seem to have been relying on crass, unfunny shock-plots to rake in the laughs. If I see one more BBC Three 'American Pie' ripoff full of talentless twenty-somethings making sex jokes an eight-year-old would be ashamed of, I'm going to take the telly into the bath.


In all seriousness, i think I'm starting to become less creeped out by the idea of fatherhood. Im not planning on getting started anytime soon but if/when i get around to it, I really hope I have kids who are as hilarious as these ones. It's just the baby bit of parenthood i'm not so much looking forward to...

Being set in a white British middle-class family home, the show's also been a great place to spot 'Stuff White People Like', the latest of which was "...decanting cereal into those little pourer things". We never did that in my home so I can't see the merit. Plus, I've always been a fan of cereal box art; the bright colours and words like 'riboflavin' never ceased to wake me up in the morning. And the whole idea of putting toys in the box, I honestly can't understand why they don't do that in other foods. Imagine getting a Power Twins decoder ring with your steak... Living the dream!

Anywho, we're halfway thru the secod series so best get back to it...


-- Posted from the iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment