Testes, testes, one, two....uh...three?!

| |
Ok, so today I bought a domain and some webspace from the kind people at iPower.  How much space, you ask?  Oh, only......INFINITY SPACE.  They were suggested to me by close personal friend Mike Monaghan of the world famous 'Dusty & The Dreaming Spires' and seems to be working out well, so far.

The domain is www.peanutismint.com; it currently redirects to this very site (a fact you'll already be privee to if that's how you arrived here), but in the future I may try to design my own page or even a whole site; just something to help catalogue and promote my various blogs and musical projects.

I also added some code to my blog's HTML which will hopefully turn all .MP3 links I include into a nice little player.  This is, therefore, a test.

How big a nerd do I sound right now?


This is a demo of a song I've been working on for my band -

PROS:

  • It has a super-long and ultimately pointless synth-pad intro.  What are you talking about?  Of course that's a 'pro'...
  • It's a bit of a spoken word epic - although any comparisons to R.E.M.'s 'Country Feedback' are purely coincidental.
  • It's helped me learn how to record a song that will mix well; layering different guitar techniques (like power-chords/jazz picking/lead solos) instead of layering the same guitar technique (power-chords/dirty chords/clean chords).
  • It does have an Edge-esque pealing guitar lick during the chorus...
CONS:
  • The vocals were recorded in a sitting position in the passenger seat of a Volvo XC60, a technique which at first seemed like a really brilliant alternative to getting in an isolation booth, but ultimately proved detrimental to my singing.
  • The drums aren't real.
  • The bass I recorded was out of tune so I replaced it with a synth bass from my MicroKorg.
  • The guitar I used won't play in tune - I'm probably going to have to buy a new guitar.
  • ..............sigh.............it has a super-long and ultimately pointless synth-pad intro....


Anyways, what I'm saying is, it's far from finished.  But these are all things I can build upon!  Huzzah!

1 comments:

Admiral Benbow said...

Hi Peanut!

Great site! Love ur vibes

Mike

Post a Comment